If there is no additional personal injury protection (APIP) available and the $50,000 no-fault policy is exhausted, you should submit your medical bills to your medical insurance carrier. If you are still out of work and suffering lost wages, you should apply for disability benefits. In addition, as mentioned above, a claim can also be brought against the driver that hit you and the drivers automobile liability insurance policy if you have suffered a “serious injury”.