If you are injured because a homeowner or a business has not taken care of their property, you have a claim against that owner and that owner’s insurance company. There are different types of insurance policies that may be available. One policy is the policy that pays for your pain, suffering and any lost earnings or medical expenses you’ve incurred. This is commonly known as the “liability policy” and the value of that policy depends on what type of insurance the owner has. Whether the insurance company pays under its liability policy will depend on whether the owner was negligent. The other type of insurance that may be available is medical payments coverage. Some, but not all policies have some limited amount of money that can be paid to reimburse you for out of pocket costs related to an injury. This policy, known as the “medpay policy” can be paid by the insurance company regardless of fault to assist you with your out of  pocket, injury related expenses.