Your medical bills should be paid for by the automobile insurance carrier for the person who hit you. Make sure to fill out a no-fault form and submit it to the insurance company for the person who hit you within 30 days. Also, make sure you notify your medical providers that you were hit by a vehicle, so they bill the no-fault carrier rather than your medical insurance. Importantly, applying for no-fault benefits will have no impact on your ability to file a claim for your “serious injuries” against the driver who hit you.