Yes. There are two types of damages that can be paid to someone who is injured at a nursing home, assisted living facility, or group home. Legally, these damages are known as economic damages and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are financial losses including medical expenses due to the harm or injury suffered. Noneconomic damages include the pain, suffering, and emotional distress caused as a result of the poor care received by your loved one.