As of October 2017, individuals who have been convicted of an eligible offense can bring an application to have their records sealed as long as they have not been convicted of another crime for a period of ten (10) years since their conviction date or release from jail/prison, whichever happened later. As an example, if you were convicted in 2000, and released from prison in 2005, assuming you had no arrests after your release, you could bring a sealing application in 2015.