There are a few different options to assist you if you are out of work after being struck by a vehicle. First, you are entitled to seek no-fault coverage through the driver’s auto insurance carrier. The no-fault carrier will pay a portion of your lost earnings. A no-fault claim must be filed within 30 days of the accident. If the motorist who hit you has no insurance, you can turn to your own policy to submit a claim. If neither you nor anyone in your household has insurance, a claim can be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC).  Depending how long you are out of work, you may consider applying for New York State disability insurance. Finally, a personal injury lawyer can pursue a claim for you for any expenses that no-fault does not pay for, as well as your pain and suffering against the driver who hit you, any other party that may have caused the accident, and in some instances, against your own automobile insurance policy if you have suffered a serious injury.