Yes. If you have a drug or alcohol problem, you should get into a treatment program immediately. You should be available when your attorney needs you. You may want to talk to your lawyer about obtaining character reference letters. You should appear in court whenever you are required to be there. You should go to school or be employed so you are being a productive member of society. You should follow any orders issued by the judge, including complying with any active orders of protection. Finally, and probably most importantly, you must not get rearrested while your case is pending.