To apply for your records to be sealed, you need a certificate of disposition from all courts that you are seeking your records to be sealed. If you cannot recall the court(s) where you were convicted, it is recommended you obtain a copy of your criminal history report. This can be obtained from the NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services. In addition, it is suggested that you obtain character reference letters that can attest to your good character and provide evidence of your rehabilitation since your conviction. Finally, if you have participated in any treatment programs, schooling, community service or other volunteer programs, any documents reflecting this is helpful.