An Order of Protection is issued by a Judge and therefore, only a Judge can change the Order of Protection. If the protected person does not believe they need the order or do not wish to have it any longer, they should speak to the district attorney’s office, a victim advocate at the district attorney’s office, or to the Judge directly on a scheduled court date.  However, until a court formally lifts or cancels the order, you must comply with the order.