If you meet the criteria to have your criminal records sealed, a detailed application must be submitted with the reasons for requesting sealing. The application must contain a copy of a certificate of disposition for any offense for which the defendant was convicted. The application is filed in the court where the conviction for the most serious offense occurred. The application is also submitted to the district attorney’s offices where the conviction/convictions were obtained. The district attorney(s) must notify the court within forty-five days if there is any objection to the sealing application.