If you have been involved in an accident with a tractor trailer, snowplow or other type of truck, you have likely suffered serious injuries and sought medical treatment. Your next step is to fill out a no-fault application to ensure that all medical bills, lost earnings, and reasonable and necessary expenses incurred are paid through available automobile insurance coverage. If you were in a vehicle, the insurance company for the vehicle you were in will cover these costs and expenses. If you were a pedestrian, runner, or bicyclist the truck’s insurance will pay these bills and expenses. It is important that you cooperate with your own insurance company. However, you should not speak to the insurance company for the truck driver as there is no obligation that you do so. If you have suffered serious injuries, you should also reach out to a personal injury lawyer who handles truck accident claims. The lawyer can meet with you and explain the process of pursuing an injury claim.